The Marshall Fire: How to Help
We, like everyone in our community, are at a loss trying to understand what took place on December 30. There are people that have just lost everything. We need to come together as a community and help those just as they would have helped us. We as a brokerage firm can and will help in every way possible. In the mean time, if you are looking for ways to help, here are some resources. Please share!
If you are looking for help for your own family, please refer to this list of resources we have put together.
- There is a master spreadsheet of resources maintained by the Community Foundation of Boulder County – please reference this too!
See Community Resources Spreadsheet
- Contribute to this quickly growing Boulder County Fires – Assistance and Resources Database and spread it to those affected by the fire.
- The Boulder Community Foundation is taking donations for the Boulder County Wildfire Fund.
- Donte to the Elevations Credit Union Fire Relief Fund.
- Today and Saturday from 2pm – 6pm at the Colorado Landmark REALTORS Louisville Office (1002 Griffith Street, just east of Louisville Middle School) there will be an aid station including donations for non-perishable foods to give to first responders, bottled water and a generator charging stations. The plan is to have outdoor tents set out with a power generator for charging, water and food.
- A Precious Child is looking for clothing donations to provide for those affected by the fires. Hygiene Items, Socks (Men, Women, Children), Underwear (Men, Women, Children) New or Gently Used: Blankets, Towels, Coats, Shoes. Donation drop-offs are accepted at our facility (7051 W 118th Ave, Broomfield, CO 80020) beginning Monday, January 3rd at 9:00AM and remaining open Monday – Friday from 9:00AM-5:00PM.
- Colorado Pet Pantry is accepting donations of pet food and supplies.
Donate Gift Cards
- At Grand Rabbits, you can purchase gift cards and they will distribute them to kids who have been displaced because of the fires.
Offer Housing for People and Animals
- If you have a short term rental in the area of or room to spare please let us know and we will list it here. Our own Heidi Schamber has hay and pasture available for any animals. Call 303-579-2407.
- Boulder Area Rental Housing Association (BARHA) is working to provide more housing to families than have been displaced. Reach out to Jen Crowell, BARHA Executive Director – email@example.com if you have a property you are willing to offer for rent.
- Brett Sawyer, BOLO Chair-elect is offering Assisted Living Rooms Available – via his clients in Westminster. There are 7 available rooms. They are COVID-free and are following COVID protocols tightly. Anyone with a family member who has been displaced can call or Brett at (303) 517-4147 for information and details.
- Sign up to volunteer through Colorado Responds, an effort of the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
- Sign up to volunteer at the Donation Center at A Precious Child to help process in coming donations.
- Sign up to volunteer at the Resource Center at A Precious Child to help welcome families affected by the fire.
- Colorado Landmark identified discounted hotel rates for anyone displaced from the fires. There are over 500 rooms for tonight and 1,000+ rooms starting Saturday. These are largely Denver hotels as the hotels in/around Boulder were booked and/or evacuated.
|HOTEL NAME||ROOMS AVAILABLE||RATE||PHONE NUMBER||NOTES/ HOW TO BOOK|
|Hyatt Regency Downtown Denver||500+ rooms available starting tonight and also available 12/31/21 and beyond||$99 for any displaced residents||303-436-1234||Call the hotel and ask for the front desk. The $99 rate is only available through the front desk as it’s a local emergency rate (not available through the website).|
|Grand Hyatt Downtown Denver||400 rooms available starting 1/2/2022||$119 for any displaced residents||303-295-1234||Call the hotel and ask for the front desk. The $119 rate is only available through the front desk as it’s a local rate (not available through the website). A few rooms available for NYE but availability materially opens for the week.|
|Westin Downtown||Starting 1/2/2022 200+ rooms available||$99 for any displaced residents||303-572-9100||Call the hotel and ask for the front desk. The $99 rate is only available through the front desk as it’s a local emergency rate (not available through the website).|
|Gaylord Rockies||500+ rooms available starting 1/2/2022||Rate fluctuates daily||720-452-6900||Book online using the promo code LPR. This rate is available only to Colorado Residents|
|Hilton Garden Inn Denver Union Station||720-643-1999||Limited availability tonight and tomorrow but offering significant discounts to those displaced for future nights|